Saturday 17 August 2013

Is PayPal Safe?

Is PayPal safe ? That's the first question I need to answer whenever I have a conversation between my friends and me about each item I purchased from eBay. Frankly speaking, I prefer to shop online instead of shop in department stores. PayPal will always be my first option whenever I make my transactions.

The idea behind PayPal is simple: Use encryption software to allow people to make financial transfers between computers. That simple idea has turned into one of the world's primary methods of online payment. Today over 140 million internet users prefer to use PayPal to send money to each other via email. PayPal has become such a convenient and trusted way to transfer money online, 90% of eBay's purchases go through PayPal.

Here are some of the things you might use PayPal for:
  • Send of receive payments for online auctions at eBay and other websites
  • Purchase or sell goods and services
  • Make or receive donations
  • Exchange cash with someone
Most of the largest online shopping stores support Paypal such as:







Through its policies, practices, and business integrity, PayPal has earned the trust of both parties. With multiple guarantees in place, buyers and sellers entrust PayPal with their credit card and bank information. PayPal keeps that private customer information secret. Then, while "blinded" from the other party's confidential information, strangers safely send money to each other through PayPal and email.

Hence, my answer is YES! It is safe =)

In the meantime, let me know what do you think about PayPal? Do you prefer Paypal or Credit Card whenever you make your transactions online?

Cheers !!


9 comments:

  1. Hi Kelvin! I prefer using Paypal when making transactions online, especially when shopping online. The idea behind the service they offer is pretty much foolproof, and I prefer the thought where I dont need to disclose or enter any of my transaction details such as credit card number and pin when making purchases via Paypal!

    It indeed is an invaluable tool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dan, I have a same thought as you. For my point of you, it is always the best when I do not need disclose any of my transaction details

      Delete
  2. Hey Kelvin interesting post! In my case, I usually use PayPal in the past to purchase my stuff from eBay. But I stop using it after awhile because I have experience myself getting my money suck by PayPal, which I was disappointed in their service. I now use direct Mastercard transaction to make payment, which is a whole lot easier. So if you are asking my opinion, I think PayPal isn't that really safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mike, thanks for your comment. Sorry to hear that because it never happen to me whenever I make my payment via PayPal. By the way, why not you send an email and ask for their refund? Don't you reckon it is not that safe whenever you enter any of your credit card details for payment? Because I heard a lot of news about someone hack into their account and etc.

      Delete
  3. Hello Kel, for my point of view, I prefer to use PayPal for all my online transaction. Feel safer compared to credit card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as me, but yeah i reckon both of them are safe to use, the policies behind it guarantee users entrust PayPal and Credit Card.

      Delete
  4. I am not too sure if i can agree with everyone else who said they prefer paypal. I believe regardless credit card or paypal, they are both safe. After all they are all huge companies and they have reputation to maintain, the real 'devil' in this scenario is really isnt which card is safer but rather how safe is technology for the purpose of financial transaction? Think about it, even if we use EFTPOS, how safe is it? One swipe and it has all the cards details, but if that EFTPOS device can see past transactions and history? WOW mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey great post! *THUMBS UP*

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete